Stop Buying Avocados. Here’s How to Grow an Avocado Tree in A Small Pot At Home
Avocados are pretty much present in our life, as these green tiny fruits are one of the most common ingredients in different meals and desserts nowadays.
Nevertheless, even though this fruit has mild smell and delicious flavor, it has gained its popularity thanks to its high nutritional value. Namely, avocado is abundant in fiber, heart-healthy fats, potassium, and numerous vitamins, including B6, B5, E, C, and K.
Still, as it almost always the case is, the more popular a fruit becomes, the more expensive the market makes it. Hence, grocery stores always want to make big profit, so the price of avocado has increased by more than 25 percent.
Luckily, there is another alternative for you to have this fruit and enjoy its benefits at the lowest price possible – which is, growing it in your own home. Here is how.
This is how to grow your own organic avocado tree from a seed:
– Take an avocado seed, clean it well, and then notice well which end is the bottom, and which is the top. Then, take four toothpicks and stick them into it at equal distances apart around halfway down.
– Next, put the seed in a glass full of water and the toothpicks will let it soak about an inch of water.
– You should put the seed in a warm place and you should make sure that it is exposed to direct sunlight. After two to six weeks, the stem will be grown up to about six inches. Now, you would have to cut it back to three inches, and wait once again until the stem reaches the previous length and the leaves grow.
– Next, you should take a big pot with a diameter of ten inches, which also has a hole in the bottom for drainage. Fill the pot with a soil rich in nutrients. At the top of the soil, make a hole for the seed and put the seed there. Don’t plant the seed too deeply in the soil; plant only one half of it. The other half should remain above the soil.
– Place the pot at a place with a lot of sunlight and make sure you water it often and generously. The soil should be moist, not saturated. If there is no sufficient amount of water in the soil, the leaves are going to become dry and brown. If this happens, you would need to put the pot in the sink and turn the tap on for the water to run through the soil. The excess amount of water should then be drained and, in the end, the pot should be taken out of the sink.
– On the contrary, in case that you have over-watered your avocado tree, its leaves will become droopy and yellow. If this is the case with your tree, you should stop watering it for several days, and make sure that you reduce the quantity of water you use in the future.
– If you want your avocado tree to flourish, you would need to take care of it constantly and make sure you maintain it well. Sometimes, it would take a few years for it to start bearing fruits. Nevertheless, when it does start bearing fruits, you will be satisfied and you will be able to enjoy their delicious and amazingly healthy flesh.
Don’t Forget To Share With Your Friends And Family On Facebook, As You Might Help Someone In Need!
Source: www.timefornaturalhealthcare.comhttp://www.non-stophealthy.com/stop-buying-avocados-heres-grow-avocado-tree-small-pot-home/http://www.non-stophealthy.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Stop-Buying-Avocados.-Here’s-How-to-Grow-an-Avocado-Tree-in-A-Small-Pot-At-Home-1024x538.jpghttp://www.non-stophealthy.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Stop-Buying-Avocados.-Here’s-How-to-Grow-an-Avocado-Tree-in-A-Small-Pot-At-Home-150x150.jpgFruits & VegetablesHealthHealthy FoodNatural RemediesRecipes